Heritage Mortgage Corporation (“HMC”) respects your privacy. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices. This policy covers the Heritage Mortgage Corporation website only. Any affiliated or related companies’ websites will have their own privacy policies.
2. Types of information we collect
We collect and maintain USERS information through a registration process. A Company and/or individual (“USER”) capable of funding our CLIENTS’ transactions will be required to register on our website in order to access the HMC website database of financing opportunities. We collect the following information from prospective USERS: username, password, email address, first & last name, daytime phone number, fax number, company name, company address, corporate phone number, and title. HMC has a due diligence process before any USER becomes registered. Only after becoming registered is a USER given access to CLIENT information other than the “financing opportunities” matrix menu.
Cookies. HMC makes every attempt to avoid the use of “cookies,” the simple text files stored by your computer by your web browser. Cookies may be used on our site when needed to maintain the functionality of an interactive application and is used only during the session in which you access the interactive application.
3. How we protect information
HMC is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, HMC has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We begin by safeguarding the security and integrity of CLIENT and/or USER information. We are dedicated to protecting the security and integrity of CLIENT and/or USER information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose. For example:
- We limit employee access to CLIENT and/or USER information to those who have a business reason to know this information. Employees are required to honor our code of conduct, which includes standards to protect CLIENT and/or USER confidentiality. They are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to do so.
- We maintain policies and procedures covering the proper physical security of workplaces and records.
- We require independent contractors and outside companies who work with us to adhere to strict privacy standards through any contracts with us.
- We use technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to CLIENT and/or USER data.
We do not sell CLIENT and/or USER information. We will protect your privacy automatically. We may disclose the information we collect, as described above, with nonaffiliated third parties that are acting on our behalf, including but not limited to:
- Companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, technical systems consultants and programmers.
- There are other situations when we may disclose to third parties the client information we collect as permitted or required by law. Third parties could include government entities, courts or other entities (in response to subpoenas and other legal processes) and those with whom you have requested us to share information.
- Financial services providers, such as consumer lending and mortgage banking companies, life and casualty insurance companies, insurance agencies, securities brokerage firms, trust companies, and companies that provide settlement services, such as title agencies, escrow companies, and appraisal firms.
- Others, such as non-profit organizations.
Information Sharing Within Our Affiliated Companies. There are times when we will share a portion of your information with Heritage Mortgage Corp, Heritage Mortgage Corporation, Safety Capital, or any companies that we may create or acquire in the future. However, we will only do so in order to provide you with superior service, inform you of product and service opportunities that may be of interest to you, improve and develop our products and services, or perform other business functions. An “affiliated company” or “affiliate” is any member of our family of companies or any company that we own or control.
4.Access and accuracy of information
HMC strives to keep any and all information on our website accurate. We save your Personally Identifiable Information until your registration with us is terminated. If you want to terminate or update/correct your registration, send us an email at email@example.com. If you terminate your registration, your Personally Identifiable Information cannot be recovered. You may continue to receive email communications for a short period of time until we have updated all of our databases. After termination of your registration, your Personally Identifiable Information may remain on our archived database and records for a reasonable time as residual information. We will not use this residual information. Notwithstanding the above, we will maintain information on USERS who have been removed for violating our Registration Agreement.
5. Third party websites
6. Applicable Law
By visiting HMC, you agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and HMC or its affiliates.
7. Mergers and acquisitions
In the event HMC or its related entities would merge with or be acquired by another business entity, some or all of their respective assets could be acquired. If such a combination or acquisition occurs, HMC will make every reasonable effort to notify you in the event we share with the merging or acquiring entity some or all of your personal information to continue serving you.
8. Contact us
HMC constantly seeks to improve the quality of the services we provide. We value your input and encourage you to help us expand and make improvements to the site by providing your opinions. If you have other questions, concerns or comments about these privacy policies, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (916) 864-2120, or write to us at the following address:
Heritage Mortgage Corporation
9706 Fair Oaks Blvd., Ste 160
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
9. Changes to this policy
Rev. November 2008